Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

Tales of my Grandmother

"Here Victoria, look at this."
"What is it?"
"Lottery ticket."
"Right, yeah, why are you giving me this?"
"Well look at it, I've won you a fiver. Take that to a lottery place and you'll get a fiver... Don't you want a fiver?"
"You can keep it! It's yours!"
"You can do without a bit more money can you?"
"No, well..."
"Take that and get your five pounds and then what you wanna do is get five more tickets. I got 20 quid the other day. Then you get more tickets - they're only a pound each- and eventually you'll be a millionaire!"
"Right, okay, thank you..."

I'm pretty sure that my grandmother has been doing the Lottery ever since it started. It's gone slightly beyond an obssession now as she probably spends AT LEAST ten pounds a week on lottery tickets. When she was younger, a fortune teller told her she would one day win a lot of money. So I guess she'll keep on buying tickets until she's a winner...

No comments:

Post a Comment